Most people ask me about the best resources for preparing for the PMP Exam. They ask for PMP websites, online PMP preparation courses, PMP books, Forums to ask PMP related questions, and Question Banks among other things.
So I decided to compile a detailed PMP Resource Guide for your benefit. Use these resources to prepare for the PMP Exam. Happy browsing, and preparing for the exam. Best of Luck, and hope you earn your PMP Credential quickly and painlessly…
Free Mock PMP Certification Exam Questions
The best way to prepare for the PMP exam is to try out as many mock exam questions as you can. You can read PMP exam prep books but it is all theory, and you will not learn how to apply the concepts learned into real exam questions. So try out as many exam questions, and find out where is the gap in your knowledge.
- PMChamp Free PMP Questions: A short but hard quiz for PMP Aspirants (online, Free).
- Oliver Lehmann Resource #1: 175 questions based on PMBOK Guide Version 4 (downloadable).
- Oliver Lehmann Resource #2: 75 questions based on PMBOK Guide Version 4 (online).
- Head First PMP Exam: 200 practice questions.
- PM Study: Free 200 practice questions PMP Simulation.
- FREE – 3 DAY ACCESS TO PMP EXAM SIMULATOR
PMP Exam Preparation Books
List of PMP Exam Prep Books
PMP Study Guides / Online Courses
- PMChamp Online PMP Exam Prep Coaching Program – Our very own Online Training Program – Designed by Vinai Prakash himself. Vinai teaches the concepts of Project Management, as they apply to the PMP Exam in small, easy to understand steps. [RECOMMENDED]
- One Video is released each day.
- Daily coaching & mentoring
- Complete in 5-6 weeks, or do the accelerated version, and finish within 3 weeks.
- Watch the Free Demo Videos
- The PM Prepcast – Developed by Cornelius Fitchner, the Project Management Prepcast is one of the most popular study resource for the PMP Exam.
- Costs USD 179.99 only.
- It is easy to use, light weight ( fits on a iPod or iPhone), and the best thing I like is that it can be used on the go – while traveling in the bus or train – something which I can’t do with the PMBOK Guide.
- You can listen to the audio (in MP3 format) or watch Cornelius on Video (iPhone format).
- The PM Prepcast is a full 35 contact hour long video workshop.
- At the end of this, you also get the 35 contact hours PDU certificate, which can be used as the PM education required on the PMP Exam.
- Further, the company that produces this video is a PMI R.E.P (Registered Education Provider).
- This gives you an added feeling of security.And the complete course is backed by a 100% money back guarantee.
- The entire course is broken down in over 100 small video sessions, which cover 1 topic at a time. The material is presented using PowerPoint Slides.
- You see the slides, and hear the presenter speak.
- The material is easily downloaded using iTunes, and is available on your iPod or iPhone.
- At the end, there are 60 tough PMP questions for you to test your knowledge.
- To get the 35 contact hour Certification from OSI International LLP, the publishers of the PM Prepcast, you need to pass a 25 question test.
- One of the best PMP resources, and ***highly recommended***. I have used it and can vouch for its quality and content. It is also under $100, which is a great bargain at this price point.
- Price is USD 129.97 only.
90 Day Access to Try out the PMP Exam Simulator – Try as many exam questions as possible.The Simulator Package:
- 90 day access
- 1,800 questions / 9 exams
- 4 Bonus Items
- Practice “like real”
- Take exams 24/7
- Unlimited exam repeats
- Detailed review
- Clear explanations
- Based on current PMBOK Guide
- PMI R.E.P. Approved
- Just $89.99
- I have seen a lot of PMP Exam Tests in the past years, coaching and training hundreds of PMP Students all over the world.
- I can say that these questions are definetely the better ones, and patterned exactly to the questions you get in the actual PMP exam. The online environment is also as per what you would see in the actual PMP Exam. So go ahead and try this PMP Exam Simulator. With 9 different tests and over 1800 questions, it is definetely a bargain under $90. Sign up today!
Simpli Learn Online PMP Preparation – Standard Course – starting at $129.99
- 13 full length Audio-Video chapters as per PMBOK® 4.
- Quiz at the end of each chapter.
- 4 Full length (200 Questions, 4 hours) PMP® Simulation Tests worth $39.99.
- 6 hours of Online Virtual class to interact live with PMP® Instructor. Also get recorded version after the class.
- The live virtual classes are conducted at convenient timing.
- Downloadable PMP® Prep eBook for offline reference.
PMP Forums to ask Questions and network with other PMP aspirants
Forums are a great place to network, and ask simple or complex questions. It is most important to get some support from PM Forums and find that there are others who are also preparing for the exam, and you can help them or ask for help from them.
Some good PMP exam prep Forums are:
That’s it for now. If you come across any other good PMP resource, do let me know, and I’ll add it here.
Vinai Prakash, PMP
- Studying for the PMP Exam
- 11 Things to Remember for the PMP Exam
- PMP Eligibility Criteria – Important Tips
- PMP Exam Passing Scores in 2011
Get 20 Free Mock Questions on Quality Management
Just fill in your details here: